The Birth of Simply Sisters®
We are a small group of friends in Tulsa who had met weekly for years to work on scrapbooks and enjoy girl time together. Eventually, we started a Bible Study in the morning, followed by lunch, then working on scrapbooks in the afternoon.
During this same time, Sheila Shields was going on mission trips to Romania with ladies from her church. With local churches, they hosted tea parties for ladies in difficult circumstances as a way to connect and share with them about Jesus.
With time, God moved on the hearts of our small group of friends to begin doing similar ministry in other countries. In conjunction with the ministry of DoorWays® we were provided opportunities to minister in Egypt, Argentina, Australia, Mexico, and Albania. We have also been able to touch the hearts of women in other countries even though we have not yet traveled there.
God continued to stretch us. It felt as if He were asking, “What are you going to do in the USA?” Thus, Simply Sisters® was born. It was a natural process for our scrapbooking group to use some of our time together to make and gather items to encourage ladies within our sphere of relationship. We put together gift baskets to deliver to ladies and gift boxes to send to those who lived elsewhere. We have found there is no greater feeling than to know God has used us to make a difference in someone’s life during difficult circumstances.
We hope you will become part of our Simply Sisters® network and look forward to hearing from you as we work together to minister to other ladies who need an encouraging touch.
We invite you to start your own
How to Start a Simply Sisters® Care Group:
- Keep it small.
- Invite three ladies.
- Allow each lady to invite one friend.
- Have lunch at your home.
- Discover common interests:
- Baking, Cooking
- Board/Card Games,
- Crafts like Scrapbooking, Crochet/Knitting, Sewing,
- Reading, etc.
- Set a regular meeting time.
- Enjoy your regular get-togethers!
Your Simply Sisters® Care Group Can:
- Have breakfast, lunch, coffee, or dinner.
- Discuss what’s happening in your life.
- Pray for each other.
- Discuss a scripture, book or other series.
- Enjoy common interests.
- Think of others your group could bless when they are experiencing illness, family difficulties, life or job transitions, grief or loss, and even celebrations.
- Prepare an encouragement box, basket or gift bag. Give it to anyone to whom you would otherwise say, “I’ll pray for you.”
- Write a note to let the recipient know your group has been thinking of and praying for them.
- Mail or deliver the items.
- Share with your group any feedback from the recipient.
To Get Started, Simply Register Your Group with Us!
When you register your group, we:
- Grant you the use of the Simply Sisters® name.
- Provide you access to the Simply Sisters® Leaders private group on Facebook.
- Offer tips, hints, and suggestions for your group via our periodic newsletter.
- Share testimonies and words of encouragement from other groups.
- Pray for God to bless the work of your group!